What Is Motor Insurance?
- Motor Insurance cover comes in various options depending on your requirement and affordability. The cover ranges from the mandatory Third Party to Comprehensive.Motor Insurance provides financial protection in the event of your vehicle being damaged, stolen, vandalised or destroyed by fire. It also protects your liability for injuries to other drivers, passengers or pedestrians, and their property depending on the cover option selected.
What if I am not insured?
- Driving without motor insurance is illegal. If you do not have it, you could be fined.
- The maximum fine is unlimited, the law enforcement agent also have the power to seize vehicle being driven without cover.
Types of Motor insurance
There are three levels of cover you can choose from – third party; third party, fire and theft; and comprehensive.
- Third party – This is the bare minimum required by law but is not always the cheapest. It covers injuries to other people and damage to others property.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft – This is the same as third party but also covers the cost of repairs or a replacement vehicle if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – This is the highest level of cover you can get. It protects against damage to your own car as well as accidents involving other people. It can also include a courtesy car, tracking, flood, Riot Strike and Civil Commotion; however, this may be at an additional cost.
Contact us to have your property insured.
Call: 0700Cornerstone, 01 2806500